Curtains for Vegas
Ladies and gentlemen, the show is over! I closed the show and was done with work at 4:30pm, my flight isn't until 10:40pm. I'm so excited to get out of here that I went straight to airport and have been sitting here for 2 and half hours, only 2 and half more to go, which is the perfect amount of time to recap my delightful trip.Going back to my previous post - I did have one particularly pathetic run-in with a 50+ year old man.
Time: 8:15am
Place: Elevator in Bally's
Scene: As the man gets into the elevator I am already in, he gets shocked very loudly by the metal elevator door frame.
Man: OUCH
Annie: Oooo, did the elevator shock you?
Man [looks up, transforms into Steve Martin's one wild and crazy guy character and says]: No... It was you... You shocked me.
Annie: It wasn't me
Man: Yes it was. Do you have that affect on everybody?
Annie: No
Man: I bet you do
Annie: It was the metal that shocked you
Man: It was you
Annie: No, it wasn't... metal conducts electricity... I don't.
Man: Yes you do.
Annie [silent]
Man: So... Is this your first time in Vegas?
Annie: My seventh
Man: Oh, wow
- Elevator doors finally open, there is a god -
Annie: Yeah, I'm a veteran (walking as fast as humanly possible at 8:30AM!)
The trip wasn't all bad though. One of my former coworkers, Jeanine, moved out here from NYC 2 months ago and I was able to hang out with her a few times. We had a mellow night at the Hard Rock on Friday... Saturday was a different story. She came over and we watched part of the Oregon/USC game at a bar in Le Paris (that means THE Paris). We then went to the Palms and checked out Moon Bar and The Playboy Club. Then we headed to Caesar's Palace and went to Pure and Pussycat Dolls Lounge. We aren't really the "clubbing" type, so it wasn't as grand as it sounds.
I almost forgot about the approach one guy used on me and Jeanine... This one was really something special. We were watching the Oregon game, there was only about 5 minutes left in the 4th, needless to say, I was in a REALLY good mood. So, the guy comes over and sits next to Jeanine, and arrogantly puts his arm around the back of her chair. He starts asking us the standard questions about home, work, school, blah blah... I was pretty distracted with the game and not really giving a crap about him. He interpreted this as a prime-opportunity to tap into his psychic abilities. He then proceeded to psycho-analyze me and came to the conclusion that I'm a really "guarded person" who is "scared to put herself out there". I laughed and told him he was a joke. He looked down, then back up at me and completely straight faced said, "I'm sensing you have some issues with your parents."
We took this as a prime-opportunity to leave him at the bar and head to a different hotel.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home