Live
Concert Updates:Alkaline isn't playing NYC for a while, so I had a long talk with myself and decided I should check out some bands I've never seen live. Here they are:
This Friday - May 19 - Marah at Maxwell's, $12
About 10 of us are headin out to Hoboken to catch this show.
Marah
Friday - June 16 - Appetite for Destruction, a tribute to Guns 'n' Roses
Normally I would pass a tribute show up, but this could be a really crazy-fun time because it's aboard the Rocks Off Concert Cruise. Anyone wanting to get into this should let me know asap.
Saturday, June 17 - La Rocca at Piano's
They hail from Ireland and are definitely worth checking out.
La Rocca
Monday, June 26 - Atmosphere at Irving Plaza
I'm super excited for this show and I heart Irving.
Atmosphere
Wednesday, August 2 - Hello Nurse, Rocks Off Concert Cruise
A fun, pop/punk band.
Hello Nurse
For those of you who don't know, Rocks Off Concert Cruise is a boat ride with a live show that starts at either 23rd or 41st (depending on the boat) and takes you up the West side, then down to the Statue of Liberty and ends at the pier you started at. The boats hold between 200-500 (again, depending on the boat), have full bars, dance floor and an amazing view of the city.
Here is a pic from the Antibalas show Gabe took us to last summer:

1 Comments:
Look at the pic! You can see the stink fumes coming up from New Jerz!
That concert was the first cruise I had been on in NYC. I highly recommend it.
Post a Comment
<< Home