Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Back Room

I've lived in NYC about 5 1/2 years now, so I've been to my fair share of bars. Some might argue that I've been to far more than my share, but that's neither here nor there. Last night, I went to hands-down one of my favorite bars in NYC, The Back Room.

As you can read from the linked article, it's a little difficult to find, protected by a doorman and gate and has many hidden details. Before we went inside, Deeds and I grabbed some cash from the ATM, and accidentally met the co-owner of the bar. He was a giant, sweet man who checked on us several times throughout the night, appreciated our praise and feedback, provided us with the bar's history (hidden tunnels, faux walls, etc) and by the end of our night we were BFFs.
I highly recommend checking out this place. It wasn't crowded until after midnight, and

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home