Thursday, September 13, 2007

Earthquakes in Indonesia

CNN: "In the past 24 hours the region has been rocked by heavy seismic activity -- with a total of at least 60 tremors rattling the country, according to Indonesia's Social Welfare Minister Aburizal Bakrie."

It's around 2am in Jakarta right now, I haven't heard from my sister except for this e-mail...

"Wow...did you guys hear about this one?! We didn't actually FEEL it at our house, but I don't know how. I was in the kitchen, and everything was banging around, making all kinds of noise. I looked outside, and our our pool was like a mini tsunami - water was crashing all over the place. For some reason I didn't feel any rumbling though. Maybe it was because mom wasn't there, yelling naked from her bedroom, "Get in a doorway!!! Get in a doorway!!! And DON'T PANIC!!!"

Shawnathon, I love you, but you're a freakshow - how can you NOT feel these earthquakes?!

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Annie Mae said...

Sarah's OK! She didn't even feel ONE tremor. I reckon that girl's got some thick-soled shoes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home